Monday, January 27, 2014

"Pimp My Blog"

Hi Readers!
    
     My blog is definitely still in the making and I am hoping to make improvements as I go on.  So far I have added some features/widgets and have made a few posts so far to hopefully start getting activity on the blog!  First of all I chose the layout I did just because I thought it was visually appealing, I played with the layouts for awhile until I found a look I liked.  I wanted my navigation side to be on the left side just because I thought it would be one of the first things readers would see.  In this naviagtion area, readers will find a search box where they can search within my blog.  They will also find a blog archive where they can go through past posts.  I also included a "Share it" and the google +1 feature.  I added the Share It feature in hopes that if readers see something they like, they would obviously then share it and more people would see it!  I added the google +1 feature so people could follow the blog and "like it" essentially.  I also put the about me on the left side so people could learn about the person behind the blog pretty easily.  I added a contact form at the bottom of the page so readers could send in messages or their information if they wanted!  I hope to definitely make the blog look more professional in the future.  I'm planning to learn as I go and make this into something that I will benefit from!  That is pretty much why I chose how I did my blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment